Photo & poster from our latest concert
- Monteverdi – Io mi son giovinetta – Choir
- Monteverdi – Zefiro torna, e’l bel tempo rimena – Choir
- Handel – Dignare from Te Deum (Inna Lopareva – Soprano)
- Bach – Agnus Dei from Mass in B Minor (Martina Govednik – Mezzo-soprano)
- Bach – Mache dich mein Herze rein from St. Matthew Passion (Andrew Greenwood – Bass)
- Handel – Lascia ch’io pianga from Rinaldo (Martina Govednik – Mezzo-soprano)
- Bach – Magnificat in D Major – Choir, Chamber Orchestra & Soloists:
- Youliana Tichelova – Soprano I
- Marina Deltcheva – Soprano II
- Martina Govednik – Mezzo-soprano
- Thomas Lamont – Tenor
- Andrew Greenwood – Bass
- They were available online at bachmagnificat.brownpapertickets.com
- Also from choir members, or at the door to concert.
Curious about the program and the compositions? Check out these great Youtube clips of other choirs’ performances:
Claudio Monteverdi Madrigals – Io mi son giovinetta
Claudio Monteverdi – Zefiro torna, e’l bel tempo rimena
Opera Concert: Italian Favourites
Come SING with us! Spring 2018 Session
Now in our ninth season, we continue to enjoy rehearsing and performing classical and contemporary repertoire. As a well-established choir, we present three to five concerts each season. In the Winter/ Spring of 2018 we will embark on a new adventure—learning and performing a wonderful piece: Bach’s Magnificat in D Major. Singing with the West End Chamber Choir immerses you in the world of great choral music!
Our next concert is scheduled to take place on Sunday, March 4at 2PM at the Massey Theatre, New Westminster where we will be singing the beautiful Messa di Gloria by Puccini.
Please note: There will be no classes on: Apr 2, May 21.
- Choir Practice: Jan 15-Jun 4, 2018
- Time: 7:00-9:30pm
- Location: West End Community Centre: Bidwell Room
Repertoire (this session):
- Bach: Magnificat in D Major (Youtube: Bach – Magnificat in D Major)
- Puccini: Messa di Gloria (Youtube – Puccini Messa Di Gloria)
December 2017 Concerts
Come and listen to the West End Chamber Choir at our next two concerts!
New Season 2017 – 2018
The West End Chamber Choir enjoys rehearsing and performing classical and contemporary repertoire. Now in its ninth year, our well-established choir presents three to five concerts each season. In the fall of 2017, we will prepare a program with compositions by Andrew Lloyd Webber: Memory, The Music of the Night, Love Changes Everything, Phantom of the Opera, Tell Me on a Sunday, and more. Our December concert will feature these songs as well as all-time Christmas favourites, and, for the first time this year, a vocal ensemble will present some of the greatest Monteverdi madrigals! If you love singing and your voice can carry a melody, you are welcome to the West End Chamber Choir 🙂
2017 Summer Choir
A group of people ,who love to sing classical music. This summer we will celebrate the 450th birthday of the famous Italian composer Claudio Monteverdi with some of his most beautiful pieces: Madrigals of Love, Zefiro torna, choruses from Opera “Orfeo “and more. Join and express yourself through this wonderful music. No class Jul 3.
Choir Composer Fest 2017 – May 27/28, 2017
Learn and perform selected works, led by renowned Canadian composer Imant Raminsh, at Choir Composer Fest 2017. Workshop and concert details and registration information below. To learn more about Imant Raminsh click here.
Spring 2017 session begins on April 3. New singers are welcome! Singers who register for the Spring session can attend the May 27 workshop free! WECC rehearsals are Monday evenings from 7:30 – 9:30 pm at the West End Community Centre. Register online at recreation.vancouver.ca. or by phone 604-257-8333. For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org