Formed in 2009, the West End Chamber Choir performs classical and contemporary choral music under the inspirational direction of Natalia Manolov. In January 2016, the West End Chamber Choir became a BC-registered non-profit society (the Society) whose purpose is to promote, organize and encourage choral performance and concerts by and for all members of the community.
For 2018, the Directors of the Society are:
- Maureen Gielty – President
- Cayla Albrecht – Vice-president, and Secretary
- Josie Scott – Treasurer, and Membership Chair
- Lorelei Robins – Member-at-large
- Joanne King – Member-at-large
- Mark Latham – Chair, Tech Committee
Membership of the Society is open to both singing and non-singing members, such as family members friends, and audience, for a nominal $2 fee. Please join us!
WECC’s enthusiastic members are committed to sharing their joy of singing with the community, performing three to four concerts yearly with their primary focus on performing a major work with orchestra and soloists each season. The WECC also performs folk songs from around the world sung in the many native languages of the choir members.
Some past highlights:
- 2016 – Orff Carmina Burana
- 2015 – Puccini Messa di Gloria and Vivaldi Gloria
- 2014 – WECC’s 5th Anniversary celebration of songs from around the world
- 2013 – Verdi Messa de Requiem
- 2012 – Schubert Mass, with the Willan Choir and West Coast Symphony
- 2012 – Stravinsky Symphony of Psalms, with the Varna Chamber Orchestra
- 2011 – Mozart Requiem Mass, with Chilliwack Choir and Lions Gate Sinfonia
- 2009 – Beethoven Symphony No. 9, with Lions Gate Sinfonia